Saturday, June 12, 2004

Wappapello, MO
This is a wonderful campground. I would recommend Corps of Engineers campgrounds highly to anyone.

It's really quiet here...that is until they stir up a real storm. When you're out in the storm putting up the awning and you can see the rain but are not getting wet...you know you are in trouble.

The rain was not falling down...it was blowing sideways. Someone even said that it was being blown up from the ground.

It was scary..to say the least. A tree went down in the campground. Luckily it was no where near any of the campsights...yet, it was REALLY blowing. This was about all the excitement I could handle for one day. This excitement, I could live without for quite a while.

We made it through with no damage. The camper hardly rocked...yes, I know we are supposed to be in the concrete bath house in a storm like that...but once it hits is it safer to stay or make a run for the bath house in the wind and rain...go figure. May I never have a chance to find out!!

As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch, click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com