One of the nicest things about living full time in our RV is that when we are ready to go...we are ready to go!! We no longer have the excitement or pressure of making sure everything is done before we leave. We simply take the house with us. It it is not done when we pull out...it, literally, will still be there when we stop. It sure is easier this way.
Our friends from Tennessee are going to the rally in Kansas with us this week. For the last three weeks we have watched them get things done in preparation for leaving. The excitement is building to a feverish pitch as Wednesday draws near. It's contagious!! I'm walking around with the feeling that I've forgotten to get something done...but like I said..I always take it ALL with me.
A few things we did get done while we were here included roof work. Well that job came with a valuable lesson. You do not get onto a white roof at 2:00 in the afternoon on a summer day...do you have this picture really well...without a hat. You will cook your brain in mere minutes. And once your brain begins to cook, you get really dizzy...I mean really dizzy...does this sound like the voice of experience...it should...I learned this lesson first hand. Luckily I had to come down after about 10 minutes to get a tool...and water...and a hat. Things were much better once I had the hat. I thought that hats only made you hotter...was I ever wrong!!
That job done, it was on to washing and waxing the truck and camper, repacking the basement, repacking the cabinets, running errands around town...shopping...post office..Fed-Ex...I told you it was contagious. I really can't wait for Wednesday. Riding from here to Nashville will be a lot easier than all the work we're doing now.
I told you earlier that we were near a nuclear plant. Well I wanted you to see just how near. The photo below was take from the roof of our camper without zoom. The strobes off the towers shine into our bedroom every night (this I won't miss). Yes, we are close.
I'll keep you posted on the crazes. Send Peace. We all can use it here!!
|
