I Keep Forgetting
There is one frustrating thing about Blogging. During the day something exciting or amusing will happen. I attempt to make a mental note to be sure to mention it in my message that evening. It seems that those ideas are never available later when I want them. I may have to blog several times a day...or make notes.
I did hear a good joke today which I find very appropriate given my opening remark
"They say memory is the second thing to go with age...unfortunately, I can't remember what the first one was."
The joke is compliments of the very pleasant young man who did repairs on the Fantastic Fan in my camper today. That's one of the benefits of this show. The manufacturers have their factory repair staff on hand for repairs. Instead of having to travel to them, repairs are done right here. This is nice: especially, for warranty repairs.
One of the most pleasant things about Hutchinson, Kansas is the church bells that toll at noon. It's quite a melodious display that ends as it chimes the hour. I didn't realize how much I love the sound of church bells until I realized how long it has been since I last got to hear them.
I got to see something tonight that I have not seen in a week...the moon and stars. It is finally crystal clear with no threat of rain: at least for tonight. It will be quite cool tonight with a low in the low 60s and humidities even lower. The 93 degree high for today was not really hot. We never did turn on the AC even with the camper in the full sun all day.
I am a little dismayed with this industry. I began this adventure looking for a simpler life. I find the number and size of the motorhomes and trailers on display here to be almost repulsive...yes, yes, photos tomorrow....I promise. Someone said today that he is in a seven year old coach because a new one always has problems and he is comfortable in the one he has. I like that philosophy.
I have eliminated my plans to do a lot of things to this camper to make it "mine". It is feared that some of the more permanent things, including painting, would hurt the resale value. So, this "house" immediately became short term with an eye on selling or trading it rather than living in it. This will make the third home in four years that is not "mine".
While one side of me understands this logic, the other screens of its not being fair. I guess I will continue to battle with this for a while until I find a reasonable compromise...suggestions and opinions are welcome.
Sleep awaits...I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I first get to show off my big straw hat with the American flag style hat band and rosetta. It should draw lots of looks.
As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch, click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com