Friday, January 07, 2005

You don't miss it until it's gone....

The washer/dryer unit that we added to the camper has been the object of my criticism over the past several months. As you can imagine it is VERY small...I'm talking two pair of jeans...five shirts max if I don't want wrinkles...and maybe four towels if I ever want them to dry.

About three weeks ago the heating element went out on the dryer rendering the unit useless...cold air just does not get clothes dry.

While working to get the unit repaired we have had to find laundromats in the past three towns...that's can be an experience...not all good. Why is it that you always find the fancy clean new laundromat AFTER you finish doing the wash!!

The neatest thing about this campground is the pelicans that gather on the water in the light at night...you'll have to imagine this as I have not been able to get a photo. There is a light that shines on the bay. The white pelicans gather in that light at night for the fish that collect there. Their white is brilliant in the light on the dark water with the darkness of the night behind them. You ought to try seeing this sight at 3:00AM for the first time. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what it was...until the next night when they were there again. It was kind of spooky the first time around.

A warmer day tomorrow. Should be really nice on the beach. That will be a pleasant change from the cold, wet, windy weather we've had for the past two days.