Rod stated today that he hated concrete roads. I could not for the life of me figure out why until we traveled Hwy 90 and then Interstate 10 across Louisiana.
There is something about the spacing between the joints that makes the blocks rock when big trucks pass over them. Once they begin to rock, the joints become displaced. Once that happens, everybody goes BUMP-bump...BUMP-bump. Imagine that for 100 miles at 65 mph.
The only things worse than concrete roads are concrete roads upon which the road crews have attempted temporary repairs. Then it BUMP-CRASH...CRASH-BUMP.. BUMP. BUMP. BUMP...with a few rattles to keep things interesting.
It was NOT a good travel day. It was good that nothing in the camper broke... especially the bottle of wine in the fridge ...not that I have to worry about the wine any longer!!
We are in a park tonight in Beaumont, Texas. It is a really nice park with concrete pads at each site and concrete driveways in between...this concrete I can stand. Unfortunately, the grass between the sites is not solid...it is soaking wet and the concrete pad is only as wide as the camper. It seems the water table in this area is about 2 inches above the ground. It's not terribly muddy..just wet.
I'm ready to go back to Rapid City where everything is dry!!