Thursday, January 20, 2005

Driving Rules in Texas

If you ever come to rural Texas be aware that the folks learned to drive by different rules than we did elsewhere in the US. These include

Making three lanes out of a two lane road... if there are shoulders they think they were put there for driving. I someone is passing, the car being passed and the oncoming traffic both use the shoulder to give them room. This is a great thing if everybody knows what everyone else is doing.

Slowing down for no apparent reason...I bet Mosaic mom can relate to this one. Their favorite place for this is in the ACCELERATION lane of an expressway.

Speeding with another car in tow...and then the guy went even faster when we attempted to pass..I guess he was not aware of the first rule detailed above.

Roadside picnic areas are used for more than just picnics. Since it does not rain here much, it was really easy to tell what that use was...and I would not have even considered eating there with that smell...STINKY!!

Anyway, yesterday's trip was virtually uneventful. We arrived safely in Hondo Texas where we will spend several days.