Well, it looks like I'm beginning this year true to form...not blogging every day. I guess that's one New Year's resolution out the window.
Yesterday after we realized that we should have been on the road and weren't, we spent the day productively getting programming done. Things we have been neglected received out full attention all day...that is except for the 2 mile walk we took about mid-afternoon.
The road in front of the campground is so flat and so straight that walking just seemed the thing to do. A mile later we were in Gibson...what there was of it. I guess a school, library, post office, three churches and one gas station qualify as a town. Then home again. We never found the seafood market we were looking for; but the walk did us a great deal of good
Today we always meant to work. I can't believe it is now 10:00 PM and I have not touched my program. It's like being in the middle of solving a problem and not being able to get back to it. It's tempting to stay up for at least a couple of hours to get some more work done on it...NOT.
We met two lovely folks in the park this evening: Brian and Anne. Originally from England and currently from Ontario. Spending the winter in the southern part of the US. We will see them again in a week in south Texas and are looking forward to getting to know them better.
We're on the road again tomorrow. We plan to make it out of Louisiana and into Texas. I'm looking forward to our next scheduled stop which is on the Gulf Shore of Texas.