Tuesday, December 28, 2004

On to Gibson, Louisiana

What a trip. You know it's a bad day when 100 miles takes 6 hours. Nothing significant in the trip...just one of those days.

At one point we crossed a beautiful bridge over the Mississippi and found that the road lead directly to where we felt it should yesterday...nowhere. Here is the view coming off that bridge.


At the end of the ramp was an older woman dressed in a stocking cap and heavy coat...these people around here thought it was cold or something..waving to each car that passed. I hated missing that photo but loved the wave. She was sure enjoying herself.

We arrived later then expected at a new campground only to have to setup the trailer three times...that's the worst it has ever been. I had trouble judging just how much we were going to sink in the mud around here.

Our biggest surprise of the day was the barnyard that is just across from us in this campground. Chester only things he's going to chase those chickens and rabbits...I feel a lesson coming for him this week.


If the excitement gets much greater...I don't know if I can stand it!!