Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

Well, this is the first time in years that I have been able to say that and really mean it. I think the change has come with my less complicated lifestyle. I have had time to really enjoy the holidays this year. I'm beginning to see what all the fun is all about.

We spent Christmas Eve on the Cajun Queen on the Mississippi. The eight hour cruise took us 32 miles up river to St James Parish where they light bonfires to celebrate Christmas eve. Rather than elaborate here, you can get historical details at
http://www.festivalofthebonfires.org/page2.html and some photos at http://www.festivalofthebonfires.org/ ...it was quite a trip and a day well spent with friends.

Today is starting out rather quiet with freezing rain and sleet...remember folks, we are just outside of New Orleans. It is not supposed to get this cold here!!!

The gloomy day will surely be filled later with friends, table games and potluck food. We look forward to celebrating.

Love, Light and the warmest of Christmas wishes to all.