Well the weather passed without incident other than a lot of wind. Never enough to threaten the awning; but enough that I put the tomatoes in a more protected area. They seem happier for it.
As usual, the storms blew around us. I was glad for it. The rain would have made the grass grow again.
The evening closed cool with a spectacular sunset. This is what I came back to South Dakota for. Tonight's low will be in the 50s...and this is July!!
We spent the evening with a Winnebago/Itasca rally group that are here in the park. I found a new way to meet wonderful people. I seem to have begun a dog walking service. This started with one couple who could not take a tour because they could not leave their dog alone for 12 hours. Well, since I was checking them in at the time, I offered to walk the dog while they were out. It seemed like little enough to do to help someone enjoy their vacation.
Well, this suddenly grew into a welcomed service for the people of this rally. I am now up to 9 people with a total of about 15 dogs to be walked over the next several days. Luckily Rod has agreed to help. This will make things go much more quickly. The dogs range in size from 120 lbs...this one I have to watch, he'll take me for a walk...to less than 5 lbs.
I guess I am the resident dog walker now. I'll enjoy the exercise. I have already enjoyed meeting these nice folks....the pay will be nice too!!