A guest stopped in the other night pulling a trailer with his motorhome. He commented that the "old car" would make it the 16 miles to Rushmore....that it had lights in case he was gone a little longer than he expected.
I thought little of his comments until past the window drove an original 1927 Chevrolet. It was quite a sight. The last I saw as it left the driveway was the face a a child through the back window. The man and his wife were traveling with their grand-daughter. It was just like something from a movie.
About an hour he returned. The car apparently made the trip easily.
We are busier in the campground than we every were last year. It's getting harder every day to juggle the number of campers for their length of stays. I guess we will manage somehow.
The weather has turned into a wonderful South Dakota summer., The temps are a little high; but the humidity has dropped into the 20% range. The breeze is up and the temps at night are at about 60....this is what I came back to South Dakota for.