I have met a couple while working here this summer. They are staying in the park while they begin construction on their house near hear. They are providing a wealth of information...Don has even built two other houses. This is great..a chance to get some information on his vague notion of building a house.
Ann is providing so much more for me. Jut in being herseld, I am learning more about me.
The simplest of lessons comes through the tomatoes...yes, those blessed tomatoes.or is it balsted!! Ann will ask anything of anyone who has information about a topic. I am constantly amazed at how much she learns from so many people. She researched and purchaed tomato plants in Hill City, a town about 30 miles form here. They are wonderful plants. I have never seen a tomato plant wiht a 3" diameter trunk on it!! Well being bred for the area, her plants have numerous blooms while mine having come from Alababa have NONE. I thought for sure that my "head start" would net tomatoes earlier...wrong!!...OK Mosaic Mom are you laughing yet. An aricle in the paper here saig that tomatoes would "adapt". Maybe in the next generation or two...when they have 3" trunks...
All this said, I have learned that Ann is not shy about asking.` Mosaic Mom has this same wonderful trait. Mobilebabe has decided that this is a good trait to be learned and plans to begin working on it...the stark reality of not knowing everything is quickly setting in.
I'll keep you posted on my progress...I 'm really glad that our paths crossed.