There was a family reunion here this weekend. Family and food were everywhere. One thing had to be stored in our cooler in the store. That was a cottage cheese pie. I immediately thought of the ricota cheese pie that Nana used to make. The owner of the pies (yes, that plural!!) generously offered those of us on duty a pie to share. I was right. This was as close to Nana's pie as I have been in 25years. What a treat!! I have that recepie somewhere. I may have to try making one myself...one of these days.
The season is well under way here in the park. Lots of campers arriving in groups of twos and threes. This is different from last year when the park always seemed a little empty. The weekends are now very full with us sometimes scrambling to put people together. It keeps things challenging.
Rod and I spend some of our spare time cutting grass and fixing things around the property. The physical work feels good. It also feels good when people take time to stop in the office on their way out and complement the park....especially its cleanliness. I guess what we do makes a difference.
The tomatoes are still trying. There are lots of blooms (can you believe it...I should be eating tomatoes by now) and I am hopeful. We'll see what the next few weeks bring.
Plans on the house are progressing nicely. We have information from several well drillers and excavators. There, of course, is only one power company...what a monopoly. I guess I'm glad that they are available. We hope to have water and power by the Fall.
This is still a wonderful part of the country. Everyone is invited to come visit...just let me know when to expect you.