Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Can you say casino?

Cabin fever finally overtook us both and it was off to an evening out...or at least a couple of hours.

I was surprised when we arrived in Biloxi to find several casinos on the Gulf coast. I guess I saw them the last time we were here...but I sure don't remember them. Anyway, they are typical, big, glitzy places. Much like Las Vegas. Interesting, though, was the fact that the one we visited here was busier than any one we were every visited in Las Vegas. Is that to say that Southerners are more apt to believe that the have that chance of striking it rich that are those who frequent Las Vegas? Don't know; but it was nice to see a busy business.

We are going back on Saturday to a show of Oriental tumblers and acrobats. I am really looking forward to it. The ads make it look really exciting. I'll let you know.

Other than that, the cold and rain is keeping us in and keeping us working. As much as I appreciate Rod's help on my program...I could NOT have done any of this without him...his ideas keep generating more and more work for me. For the third time I am taking the program apart to make it better. I'm almost at the point of "it would be easier if I started over again". But, that thought is just too daunting!! So I just delete what I don't want and work in the new stuff....again!!

We are in Biloxi until next week when we move to Charlotte. Decided to wait out the snow here...it's cold; but at least it's not snowing!!