Sunday, March 13, 2005

And 637.5 miles later...

If it had been like the trip from Hondo to Biloxi, that would have been one day. We decided not to push quite as hard this time and stay in a lesser expensive campground north east of Atlanta. That cut the trip about in half. Easier traveling when it's broken up like that.

I must begin though with our last day in Biloxi. We treated ourselves to a night out. The show we attended at the casino was Ezuru. It was a performance by oriental acrobats who tumbled, twisted, did flips and throws between two HUMAN trapezes and piled about 15 people on one bicycle. It was amazing!! Definitely worth seeing.

The evening concluded with dinner of fresh oysters and broiled Red Fish. Next time I will have only the oysters. Red Fish is a tad dry...especially when overcooked by the restaurant. Rod's stuffed flounder was really good though. This was a nice way to end our stay at the seashore.

The trip from Biloxi to Atlanta was uneventful. I even drove some. This is a first for me. I have only driven before on back roads with little or no traffic. With the pretty weather, I felt up to trying expressway traffic. Not too bad. I even managed to pass a few folks. Definitely easier than the morothome ever was.

Through Atlanta without a hitch...thank God!!..for two nights at Lake Lanier. This is an interesting stop for us. It was a year ago that we started out from this park. It's like beginning again with a fresh start this year. This is neat. I get to do it again AND retain the knowledge I have. We'll see what this year brings.

A little accident with Chester at Lake Lanier sent us hurriedly to the vet as soon as we reached Charlotte. Another cat attacked Chester badly. He will survive although in the past few days he has wondered about that. We're thankful that it was a cat and not a raccoon or other wild animal. Hopefully he'll learn that he is safer inside. I have my doubts. With one leg that he cannot walk on, he still wants to go outside...NOT.

This is the first chance I have had to blog that was not 1:00 AM or some other unbelievable hour. My program has been consuming all my time. Today all the work was worth it when the customer approved the program for release at Dayton!! This is a big deal. He is excited about selling it and sees it with great potential. My first contracting job is a success.

We travel to Chattanooga tomorrow. We'll be there until the weekend trip to Florida in two weeks. I'll try to keep you more up to date during that stay.