Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Where did this come from ....

First and foremost, I must wish Rod a very Happy Birthday...yesterday. We celebrated with dinner at Golden Coral and the excitement of a great thunderstorm that blew through a little later. The storm left at least 4 inches of hail over quite an area near where we were. Boy am I glad that we were not in that downpour.

This was a strange day for techsupport. It seems like every old problem that ever was has crawled back up to be tended to NOW!!! Of all times. It has been a relatively quiet summer and now that we are ready to move again and be out of touch for two weeks...this happens. There will be a lot to do in the next few days.

I worry about Ivan not for Mosaic Mom this time but for my Mom, Rod's Mom and my shipping facility in northern Alabama. I hope that Ivan's furry dissipates quickly...even before it reaches shore. It may provide a handy excuse for not doing techsupport for a few days next week!! There are advantages in everything.

I will really miss this place. A friend who left just ahead of us have already written to mention the humidity in Minnesota that we will encounter. I am not looking forward to the humidity again.

Once place that I will really miss is the drug store on the main street into town. Each time we go by there is a new oxymoron displayed. Last week it was "Microsoft Works". Today it was "Tight Slacks". What a clever way to attract attention.