Monday, September 27, 2004

So much to see

Again, I must quit waiting until evening to blog/ I am always too tired and it just does not get done. Anyway, let's catch you up a little now.

We left you last coming across South Dakota headed east. The weather was cold and rainy. The rain held us up for a day in Mitchell.

Travel from Mitchell, SD to Minneapolis, MN was interesting to say the least. About an hour before we left the wind started to blow from the west. It was almost right at our backs for the three hours we were on I-90. It made the gas mileage a little better for that leg of the trip. It also kept the rain ahead of us. Even at 70 mph we never caught it...thank goodness!!

We arrived in Minneapolis right after a really bad storm. The evening remained windy and the noise the wind made against the camper kept us awake most of the evening. The nice part of the evening was spent with Don and Sue, friends we made at the campground this summer. Dinner offered a nice visit with them.

We visited Mall of America the next day...WOW what a place. More stores that I have ever seen in any one place. AND a complete amusement park in the center of the place. New glasses, shoes, and a sweater made the day a success. Not getting Shrimp gumbo at Bubba Gumps was a real disappointment.

Off and away to the Wisconsin Dells on Saturday morning. The Dells is a scenic area along the Wisconsin River. The river cruise was interesting. There are lots of neat geologic formations. The rest of the area is "touristie". I'm glad a lot of things were closed. It reduced the crowds and traffic.

Cheese shopping today...well it is Wisconsin. Wonderful cheese...I spent all my lunch calories today on cheese and it was worth every bite!!

We will be here several more days awaiting the arrival of Scotty and Jill. On Friday we'll leave for Tennessee. I hope we don't meet a hurricane as we arrive!!

I see that Mosaic Mom has not been back on-line since Jeanne hit. By phone on Sunday she told me that they were fine; but, she was fine but cranky//I guess at least she was fine...P;ant Daddy may be another story. As she put it this is the fourth one of these. The fourth hot spell without air conditioning (I can understand her being cranky!!) It seems that Kit-Kat bars were helping her get through...although they increased the crankiness in their own way (I think if there is another that I'll send Kit-Kat bars to help her get through). She will give you first hand details as soon as all the utilities are back.