Thursday, September 09, 2004

Goodbye to our new Friends

It seems that the RV season is drawing all to quickly to a close. This is most evident as the Workampers leave for winter locations. Some will work this winter. Others, like us will spend the time traveling and visiting family and friends. I hope that the promises to stay in touch come with follow through (I guess I'll have to follow through too).

One of the other workers decided that one more pot luck dinner was called for. I am working to find a contribution that is truly Southern...Suggestions would be appreciated. For this dinner I contributed Peach Cobbler. This is an old recipe from "Tea Time at the Masters" a cookbook my mother has had for at least the last 25 years. One day I will learn to make this dish correctly. Right now everyone enjoys the flavor...it's just that I know that the dish is not quite right.

The cobblers looked like this



Yes, they look pretty. It turned out that they were all bread with embedded fruit. With all the juice from the fruit, the bread was permeated with the flavor. It really was good; although, it wasn't really cobbler.

Other than that, it was a busy tech support day. I'm getting them spoiled by answering the phone on a non-advertised day. We just feel that each one we take care of when we have time is one less that we have to deal with frustrated on Monday. The general public never ceases to amaze me...even now.

We keep a watchful eye on Ivan as it heads toward Florida. I sincerely hope that this one turns either east out to sea or west toward Texas....let them have the fun this time!! Either way would be a nice break for Florida. Besides, I need to go to Florida later this year.

Let me hear from you guys some time. The contact link is now to the right.