We both apparently like this area. Rapid City is a great town. Just big enough to have conveniences but small enough to still have that small town feeling. I don't think that's what really enchanted us with the area though. There is something magical about the Black Hills.
Well with that in mind, we decided that we wouldn't mind living here when we are finished traveling. So, today, we purchased 6.5 acres of this wonderful state. Right in the Black Hills.
The land is in a "subdivision"...I use the term loosely since the lots are all 5-15 acres...not a subdivision as I am used to and although it seems we have a drainage gully on one side (better natural divider), there is still plenty of space upon which to situate a house. There is a nice view off the back of the property and the adjoining property to the back drops off at a slope that should prohibit development in that immediate area.
Some photos are shown below. It's hard to tell much about it...but having seen it, we're excited.