Monday, August 02, 2004

Yes, there is still life in South Dakota

We have been up to a lot...and a very little. Life has settled into a day to day routing which is anything but routine....

In a moment of boredom on Saturday, 100 degree heat was more interesting than the computer in the air conditioning...it's the old case of it may be hot but at least it's not humid!! We spent the afternoon sorting picnic tables from junk that is being cleaned from a field behind the campground. With a little work, more than half of them can be saved to be used in the park. Now the work begins on the repairs. This work we will do in the morning and evening when the temps are closer to 85 rather than 100.

On another note, I keep thinking about the story that Mosaic Mom repeated from Aunt Jo about the two forces that war within us and that the one we feed is that one that will win. I watch that war in the people I work with. It's really interesting how it works. I remind myself daily that the one that lives if the "One I feed" and am careful what I feed...or at least I try to be.

The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Rally looms on the horizon next week. This is like Christmas for the campground and for the merchants around here. More than 500,000 bikers are expected in the area. Sturgis is only about 40 miles from rapid city. It is a town of about 6000 people. Rapid City is the nearest decent sized city. As you can imagine, a lot of the activity of those 500,000 people takes place in Rapid City. I will definitely take photos for you for next week!! It should be quite a sight.

Off to another quiet night of 55 degree temperatures...yes, I do love the weather here...at least for now...I feel the winter would bring a completely different opinion!!

As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch, click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mailto:mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com?Subject=Blogg_Message