Friday, August 13, 2004

The day of the Hurricane

We spent the day today with the news on watching details on the hurricane. I'm glad the news was in the other room. I found it interesting that when the current storm did not do enough damage, the "panic heads" as Mosaic Mom called them reverted to photos from twelve years ago for their shock value.

Several people here had friends and family in the path of the storm. It's interesting that even this far away our thoughts were centered on Florida.

I'm glad that Mosaic Mom and family have faired so well so far. Lots of rain is probable the best thing to come from this storm.

Well..we should have stayed away from Sturgis and all these motorcycles. It seems that the bug has bitten and we went and tried a few models for fit today. There is even talk of rentals and license certification.

So, on a lark, I had the guy camped across from us to take me for a ride today. As exciting as the rid was, the curves were scary!! I bet that I did not make it two miles before I was ready to quit. He graciously took me back after such a short trip. It will take a lot of "getting used to" for me to enjoy this completely. Maybe some straight roads will be better to start.

As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch, click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com