Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A Helping Hand

I have taken on an interesting endeavor. I am helping a young lady from Honduras learn English...or at least that's what I think I'm doing. This started with a request for help with pronunciation. She reads, and I think understands English, fairly well; however, she needs practice with conversation.

Rod suggested that we just talk. So, that's what we're doing. I ask questions and she answers them. It is slow right now; but I hope in the next six weeks that she can get to the point that she can answer questions for a job interview...at least most of them.

I am open for suggestions for helping this young lady. Please send e-mails to let me know which way to go next...or if you think that what I'm doing will help. You can find me at mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com

In exchange, she is teaching me how to cook..look out for the weight gain. Today she refried beans. Yes, they were REALLY good...at least 3/4 cup of oil to two servings good. My arteries won't be able to stand much of this akthough my taste buds are loving it.