Monday, July 05, 2004

South Dakota is a "Hoot"

Well friends. You either get details without photos or nothing. Since there are a lot of details after three days...you'll have to live without photos...they seem to slow me down.

As I said in the title, South Dakota is a "hoot". Again, I know that I keep talking about the weather; but this is a summer like no other summer I have ever had...and that is a LOT of summers.

It is July 5, 5:00 PM and the temperature is 57 degrees...no I am not kidding!! We are both sitting here in sweatshirt with undershirts...and this is JULY!!!

I have a friend in Wisconsin that always said that if the "corn was knee high for the Fourth of July" that all was well. I never really related to that saying...until this summer. I just could not imagine not having corn that is ready to harvest in July...until now. Enough of that..you get the point...and it will be like this all week!!

We started working today at our Workampers job. I would never have believe how fast everything moved. Things always seem to be rushed when you're learning a new job. This one was no different. It is not hard work...at all...at least not for me. Rod is the one out parking coaches and doing odd jobs. But, it's learning a new system that's tricky. I even had a computer scream at me today...twice. I guess that's par for the course on the first day. Tomorrow will be better.

When reading about "full-time RVing" it is often said that if you want to entertain, buy a condo not an RV. Well, I beg to differ with that statement. I have entertained more in the last week from my RV than I did during the last three years that I lived in great big houses...and I did it with fewer things. Impromptu bar-b-ques, planned dinners and evenings out with new friends seem the norm for this lifestyle.

We met most of the people with whom we are working at a July 4th bar-b-que. This is a really nice group of folks. They are interesting in their differences. There is such a camaraderie among folks who spend time traveling...not just those who happen to work together.

These people are from all walks of life and all parts of the country. You realize what a small world it is when you happen to meet someone that lived almost around the corner from where you used to live...while you lived there. There seems to be so much to learn from everyone...from recipes to old time medical advice. I love learning about attitudes and opinions from different places.

Now we're down to 56 degrees...I wonder just how cold it will get tonight!!

As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch, click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com