First, a belated Happy Birthday to Mosaic Mom with wishes for a wonderful year. Happy Birthday too to Terri. May your next year be filled with wonder and discovery.
Life here is setting into a routine that is really not bad. The beauty may be coming from the place rather than the area...or it could be that routines, where the cell phone and Internet work, are what we still need to handle the business end of our lives.
We worked this week for the first time in the office. It is definitely not hard work. There is a lot to learn with a new POS system, tours to book, reservations to take, shelves to stock, and general questions to answer. I can see how you would be really good at your job after you've lived in an area for a while. I'm surprised at all the questions we can already answer.
To keep the routine interesting, we traveled to an "Old Fashioned County Fair"...yes, that was really what it was called..in Custer. It was lots of fun with craft booths of things that I have not seen before at any other county fair.
The dandelion in the photo was at least three feet tall. As much as I wanted it, it would have definitely put us overweight for traveling. It is made of railroad spikes.
While in Custer we visited the Museum of American Woodcarving. What a display. Such intricate little carvings. The photo shows one of the many scenes that were set up. One man had spent his life doing all this carving.
We left Custer and traveled along Needles Highway through Custer State Park. Well they don't call it Needles Highway for nothing. Although the photo is not the best, you can see the tunnel that gave the road it's name. It is hard to believe that they put tour buses through this tunnel. We pulled in the mirrors and were surprised when we did not scrape the sides.
After the tunnel, we were greeted by the beautiful view. I'll leave you realizing that this is what this part of the country should be famous for!!
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
As always, if you have questions or just want to stay in touch (and I love hearing from you), click the link below to send me a personal e-mail.
mobilebabe@cloningsoftware.com



