I find that I talk about nothing but the house. Let me assure you that there is more in my life than that. I even started a Yoga class last week...now if I can find time to attend...between house projects...I will be in good shape.
So for now..it's back to the house project. The last two days have been really productive.
We have attempted to remove all the wooden forms from the concrete work...attempted being the optimum word there...not all of them could be removed. Several had screws joining them on the INSIDE...what were we thinking when we built these.
We filled the garage floor and around those walls. We can now walk and drive into the garage...or should I say onto. It makes the trip around the house a little shorter.
We ran the water lines from the well to the cistern to the house. Since we could not put the pipes 6-feet underground to protect from freezing...a concept I am still dealing with...we ran line and tubing for heat inside another line. We'll hope for the best should it ever get cold enough to threaten them..which will take some doing a 4-5 feet down. One more design as you go project!! These lines are already covered. All we need now is a pump to get the water from the well.
I started putting sealant on the walls. Mosaic Mom would have been proud of me. It was like putting grout on tile: complete with filling cracks. I thought of her often as I worked today...I thought about a lot of things. I enjoyed that work. Lots of time to think.
Photos tomorrow...I promise that I will not forget the camera...again.