After three days of working at my desk, I was glad to get back to the great outdoors. I was surprised how out of shape I was. It took me until noon to really get going.
It was a day of removing forms from the concrete. Not the Styrofoam (it stays for its insulation value) just all the wood that held the other forms together. It was quite a case of "Why did I put so many screws into this stuff"...it seemed like a good idea at the time? Once these are removed we can begin to waterproof the walls. Then...well there is still a lot to be done..
Rod has worked this week with a mini excavator. This thing is a combination backhoe and bulldozer. He is in heaven!! He really wanted a bulldozer on this job. Other work has included filling the septic system fill lines and covering the tank, covering the water cistern, digging for the water lines, and filling the garage to prepare for the slab...like I said..lots to be done.
Well, we had an opportunity to get the power installed at a reasonable price...so we took it. We will work with the solar until we are sure of it's abilities. Then we'll come off the grid. It has been interesting study in politics working with the power company. The power should be installed in about a month.
We are moving along. Photos soon...when I remember to take the camera.