Anyway. I went with a friend today to a Christmas show at the local civic center. With my limited space, I thought I would feed my soul on pretty things that smell good. I must always be careful with purchases since storage is such a premium around here.
Well things did not quite work that way. I realized that I really love Christmas with its bright, shiny ornaments, its wonderful fragrances and its cute, crafty things. This show was full of all of that and I was sure to find just those things I could not live without.
The day began with a whimsical necklace that I bought just to get the card it was on. The card had written on it "Refuse to let an old person move into your body". If that does not say it all!! The necklace makes a great ornament for the kitchen cabinet. It makes me smile when I see it.
I did find the perfect Christmas tree...yes, a tree that will still be around at Christmas. It is cut from sheet metal...is still flat...painted in shades of green and decorated with beads. It will fit nicely under the bed or on the floor of the closet once Christmas ends...it I decide to put it away. I already found a wall where it looks great...and it won't break when we travel. I'll have a photo tomorrow...the one tonight did not quite make it.
The most remarkable piece came in the form of scroll saw art.....sounds pretty red-neck doesn't it? The piece is thin wood with the figure cut out. It is then mounted on a dark color and framed. Take a look at the detail in this piece and you decide.
Here's to the first of the Ho..Ho..Ho's