Monday, November 15, 2004

A great weekend and wonderful Monday

The weekend was full of projects..and yes, tips to Lowes. Only one required two trips and its second trip was coupled with the first for the next project...what organization!!

We did learn that I am not allowed to work alone on a project. I can help with fetching tools, offering suggesting, holding and occasionally working a tool. But when it comes to a complete project, the crooked drawer and gap below the cabinet door...completely visible from the steps when you enter the camper...attest to the fact that I am a tad impatient...even when I am really trying to do it right. We'll either learn to not look at it or fix it later...the drawer works even though it is a little off to the right.

Since we are in 30 degree temps, we decided it was high time we ducted fro heat in the water closet. Although this is in some circles considered "roughing-it", a trip to a freezing outhouse is not my idea of fun. That project took $12.00 and 30 minutes. That was a good project!!

I have worked in here since we moved in to get the lighting in the living room suitable. You've heard the Phillips commercial.." it's not your Age..Recipe..Paint...It's your lightbulb" . Well for us, it was the fixtures. I can't stand fixtures with clear globes...and no shade...and clear bulbs. You talk about a glare!! These have been replaced with sconces that give off great light for the location. Finally, it's more like home.

I pushed my luck today and bought at table to complete a fourth project...forget this "threes" thing...I was going for the gold. We'll to my surprise, the fourth project was a success too. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead!!


It was a wonderful day for bird watching today. I had 6 Bluejays at the feeder this morning. I thought of Blanche, the woman who worked for my family when I was young, as I watched them. She always loved bluejays. I can even remember a bluejay statue that I gave her one Christmas.

This afternoon I say a large bird fishing only inches above the water as we crossed the dam on the way home. He was flying so close that I thought he would brush the water at any moment. It was quite a peaceful sight.