It has been Thursday for me all day. I don't know what happened to the other days this week...let's see, I think yesterday was Wednesday...and so it goes. It gets confusing sometimes when you don't go to the office.
Today was a day of "I can't believe this". It started with taking the trash and recyclables. The trash section was open but the recycle section of the lot was not. Now this is really strange since they have to open the gate to the recycle area to get the truck in that holds the trash dropped off in the trash area (i.e., you are filling the truck for them when you throw the bags in). Besides, the recycle area is not even manned...I guess the containers feel overworked if they have to have recyclable material thrown into them five days a week...
Next..have you ever been in a store and could not get waited on because the clerk was busy on the phone with another customer...not too bad. I'll wait my turn. But then when it's my turn and the phone rings...guess who gets the attention of the clerk...the person on the phone. Well times have changed. Now, not only do you compete for the clerks with the phone...but with the drive-through customers too. It seems strange that we pay first attention to people who will only do that one thing with our business (i.e., have that one prescription filled) rather than those who took the time to have a prescription filled AND shop in our store...Go figure...sounds like a case of deminishing returns to me.
Next...this is a good one. We were working behind the camper today and I noticed all these tracks in the soft ground...no, we are not parked in this soft ground. Looking more closely I could tell that these were two pronged deer tracks. OK...so there are deer in this expanse of pasture and woods where we are parked...So. What was really interesting were the tracks that came right up to the connection box for the power. I figure that one of the deer found that box all too interesting, walked up and sniffed it. With their curiosity satisfied and finding nothing to eat, it moved on. The tracks seem to stop at the edge of the camper. They may have been curious about the camper as well as the power box. Unfortunately, I never got to see them .
Work was a zoo today...is the moon changing or what. After all the quiet tech support days, today was the day to call!! As we struggled to get a programmer corrected...like I said the moon...boy nothing wanted to cooperate...the phone just kept ringing. We finally took two hours for dinner and left the phone at home. It was a welcomed break.