Thursday, April 30, 2009

Didn't Know this could happen

So, I open my on-line banking this morning and the balance seems low...I say seems since we are in the process of major product development and while I know what expenses to expect, I don't know exactly when they will hit the account. So I look to see what has cleared and notice the same amount twice...and it was a check. Yes, same check number. That sure caught my eye!!!

So I call the bank. Turns out they cleared both the check and the legal copy. Something about that is normal if there is any problem with the original check. In this case there was no problem!!!

Wanted to yell and scream. Would have if it had caused anything else to bounce...would have loudly!! Would have only served to upset the customer service person and with that something could have gone wrong as she entered the case for it.

Two days later the money was back in my account. The correction was handled promptly and basically painlessly for me.

Moral... Hurray for on-line banking. Check your account often!!

PS... Garden is doing well. A little sun yesterday made the peas grow at least 6 inches...no really!!! Having a little trouble getting them trained to the wire cages. Seems a few twist ties might help there.

Lowe's is on the list again today for more pots. Cukes and broccoli need to get in the "ground"...or pot as the case might be.

Would put them outside. It's warmer now...but there is snow in the for cast again for tomorrow. Why rush!!!