I expected the competition at Central States Fair to be more intense than that at the Custer County fair. I was right. I realized as I surveyed the entries that these bordered on perfection. I still have a lot to learn about entering fair competitions.
Even with the bad weather that is being blamed for all the baking failures...mine included, there were things that I did not enter...I earned a second for the apricot bundt cake and a third for my applesauce spice bread. I'm proud of the results given all the trouble I had getting even descent entries!! No word on the coffee cake. That was a winner take all competition with public judging. I guess that I should have stayed for the judging. Hopefully there will be some word on Sunday when I pick up my ribbons and winnings...$3.00 Woo! Hoo! If it weren't for the ribbons, I would not bother to go by.
Well, already making plans for next year. Found a new recipie for Blueberry Pound Cake. Guess what you'll be getting for Christmas. I plan to practice all year!!!