The largest hamfest in Europe... wouldn't you guess, this is not just a vacation. There had to be work involved somehow.
This was much more than work!! Rod reluctantly wore his callsign badge today. I insisted and finally just put mine one. Go figure... a US callsign in among all these foreigners. The European guys expect to see a variety of callsigns; but an American callsign is still rare.
It got more than the reaction I expected. The few other people with American callsigns stopped us to talk. It's always nice to find someone from home when you're visiting abroad.
It even got us lunch... and what a lunch it was. Beer and brouts.... not like those at home. These along with potatoes, frenchfries and curry sause (BBQ sause sprinkled with curry powder... go figure) along with German wheat bear with yeast.. what a feast!! Might do that again tomorrow.
Made contact with two German and one UK dealer along with Yaesu Europe. Trip was well worth it.
Don't know if I'll ever show here. Crowd is more for radios that we do not work with. Also, more language barrier than I expected. would make explanations slow.. and you guys have never heard me at a show.. you know the I'm talking and can't shut up routine.
We'll see what next year brings. You never can tell what we'll do!!
Note: No spell check available. Blogger thinks I'm at .de site and is trying to check in German so nothing checks. Hope you can still understand things.