Thursday, April 28, 2011

Golly...Gee... this is complicated!!!

So, you use credit cards for convenience... I do. Get those points... Make that one payment. Simpler money management.... unless you are the merchant.

Something came in the mail the other day from Sam's club. Process your credit cards for less than 2%. What am I talking about you ask... The merchant who takes the card pays to get their money. That's it in a nutshell.

We knew better than to believe this percentage was the total... it's just a "come and get it" rate that works only on the third Thursday of the fifth month for a transaction in the amount of $22.47... well it has to work for something and I never see that rate!!!

So we checked on what we're paying now... WOW. Not even close to that amount. Better than double actually! And complicated. There is not one rate to consider, there are THREE that can apply at any time.

So we went looking. Found someone with those three rates considerably lower than what we face now!! So we're changing... and hoping that total subtracted from our account each month will be lower... HOPING!!!

I want to know who changed the rules and when?!?!? One more thing to keep up with and check on!! Add it to the list... and to the calendar with the auto reminder. Where would I be without that.