The universe brings people into your life at all or any time for lots of reasons. I believe that as well as I know my name.
Tonight, my last night in Jacksonville, FL for a conference on exporting, the universe brought me Anita.
It all began so typically. I was sitting in the bar (the only "restaurant" this hotel has) waiting a while for dinnertime. Anita walked up and said that she was looking for somewhere to have dinner. I invited her to join me.
The conversation delightful... informative.... interesting. We began with her letting me talk about my business. I must admit, I ca become passionate. She understood commenting how the business can be like a child we nurture and grow... she apparently has had experience.
The conversation turned to her... she is a stage 4 cancer survivor. Just back to work after 10 month of intense treatment.
She was remarkable!!! Strong, vibrant, looked good. I would never have imagined she had suffered. It was because of her that I will even consider having a mammogram with my Dr visit this year.... not because of her fight with the disease; but, because of her lack of vengeance... her lack of complaining... her love for life.... her just being her. Did I say that she was remarkable!!!
With her being in the medical industry, the conversation changed to insurance, Dr office politics, and ideas for medical benefits for company... lots of ideas.
I will remember her for a long time!! Thank you, Anita.