One of the local grocery stores ran an extra special sale on a combination of 5 items in last week's circular. This was one I could not pass up.
When I finally had time to shop today, I feared the choices would be limited for the items on this sale... wait, keep reading. There is a punch line here.
Top my surprise, everything was in stock... in abundant supply. My choices were limitless. I even considered buying the special twice. There was no limit... just a combination of buy one and get four others free... yes free.
The special included buying two bags of lettuce and getting free cucumber, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, and salad dressing. Yes, a salad special! Just my kind of food.
I should have known there would be plenty. This was not the kind of special the "locals" appreciate. In general, green is not a part of a Midwesterner's diet... unless it's zucchini.
They don't know what they're missing!!!