Out celebration was memorable. A party for 16...wow that was a record for me. Dinner was like a family gathering during the holidays including a sliced finger, roast juices poured down the front of the cabinets, and lots of help in the kitchen. And...everyone got along (that's exceptional given the history of this neighborhood). It was lots of fun with lots of food (everybody brought something) and pleasant conversation.
I think I'll do this again...once I get all the dishes washed.
There was one unexpected guest that showed up about dinner time. A very large owl perched in a tree not far from the house. What a site..not that you can really see him in the photo...
The other great success of the day way the zucchini bread. Great on the first try. I think I'll stick to quick breads next year for the fair...they are much more predictable at this altitude!!