Sunday, February 13, 2005

Good Morning World

Catching you up for the last 8 days will make it sound like we're into all kinds of things when actually we have been spending a lot of time working.

Rod is on the final issues of a new series of Programmers for a new group of radios. From the calls and e-mails we're getting, it seems that this product will be popular when we release it.

My program has been accepted by my customer with only minor changes...and then the "polishing" began. Being new at programming it seems that my core work was fine but that there was a lot of polishing to be done. Now, I'm learning a lot. I'm in the stage of breaking more than I fix with any one correction. Another few days and hopefully I'll have the pieces back together again.

As for distractions...we went to the rodeo in San Antonio...twice. Both times we watched typical rodeo events, saw the Budweiser Clysdales perform and were promised live entertainment in the form of a band. The first band was probably really good about 20 years ago. The second performer, Willie Nelson, canceled at the last minute. Boy was that a disappointment!!

While in San Antonio we visited the River Walk area and saw the Alamo. Downtown San Antonio is a nice area to visit. In typical style for me, I found this building more interesting than anything else in downtown. The carved details at the windows and on the spire made it really a great sight.