Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Wow...it has been a long time

That should be my mantra...you can tell when we are still...there doesn't seem to be much to say. Let's see if I can catch you up.

My friend had surgery to replace a knee. She is doing well; but I have not convinced my knees yet that there is no longer a need for sympathetic pains.

We released two new programmers in eight weeks. A nice shot in the arm for business. Very little support on either one of them. We apparently got them right the first time out!!!

Two household ("camperhold" that is) projects were completed with only one trip to Lowes each and without a major power tool purchase. We were able to borrow what we needed from our wonderful neighbors.

My programming project is coming along well again. I changed database styles to one that was supposed to be identical to the one I was using for development. Believe me the word "identical" should not exist in the world of programming. Nothing is identical except a copy of the same thing...even then it's "iffy". I am still finding code that needs to be changed to address this new database...that will be released with the final program....I'm glad I tried it now and not right at release time!!

Chester is well. He has chosen to stay in quite a bit. There is a major Tomcat that lives here. Chester seems to prefer avoidance to confrontation. I am glad for his choice.

I visited LaGrange for several days. It was a nice trip. John and Jolene came for dinner while I was there. It was nice to see them again. Seale stops by daily to walk the dog....twice daily!! It was nice to see him also. He is very generous to help with the dog like he does.

Rod is well. He is sharing his time between programming and working on household projects with the friends we are visiting.

We voted. It seems funny that when the news media made such a big deal about Florida's early voting, Tennessee had been voting for a week. I guess Tennessee's vote is not quite as important...at least not to the new people.

As always. I will try to stay in touch more often...but this horse does not change it's spots easily...especially when the computer decided to eat messages!!