Monday, October 11, 2004

In the South Again

We are back in the South again. I guess we'll get to have Fall again one of these days. It's nice to be warm again. The leaves are changing and it seems that fall will be spectacular.

I have a question...must everything be "chocolatized"? It seems like every magazine today has a traditional recipe that has had chocolate added to it. Today I saw one for Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. What was wrong with Pumpkin Cheesecake just as it was?

We began another camper fix-up project today. Remember the last one with the cabinet in the bathroom that took three trips to Lowes and the rebuilding of an entire wall to complete....well, this one is threatening to be a repeat. This is a simple 'tighten the faucet in the kitchen' problem...we're already into it with one trip to Lowes and $...well more money that I really wanted to spend!! We'll see what tomorrow brings on this one.

A thought to remember. The words "standard" and "window" do NOT go together when you are looking for interior shutters or a replacement window. While in Indiana we looked for a window to replace the one in our bedroom. We are truly limited by size since the metal channels that surround the opening are the determining factor. Four hours and several hundred windows later, we discovered that there is truly nothing standard about the windows....was I every surprised.

One day I will give up on these "home" improvement ideas. Until then, I patiently continue to work through my list...which now stands at an entire page long....back to the list.