Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Had to do it to know not to do it again...

Many things are within walking distance of the apartments. That's one reason why we chose this complex.

So last evening on the way to Staples on the way home from work we passed a nail salon. Considering I have not had my nails done in almost three weeks.... I was in need. So, on a lark I decided to get them done then go to Staples then walk home. Rod went for a burger for dinner.

Great idea until the sun went down while I was in Staples. Not a problem. It is really safe in this area... except for the two major streets I had to cross. The drivers turning did not expect to find a person in the street. So, although I had the light, the question of right-of-way remained.

Well, I am here to tell about it... but I won't do it again in the dark. Not without a lighted hat and reflective clothing!!! They still may not see me. I think I'll save this as a summertime thing when the days are longer... or dawdle less shopping.