Having done cross stitch I thought these would not be too difficult. That would have been true if my eyes had not changed so much.
I attempted the first one. Could not even count it well enough to place the first stitch.
So, I thought of Stacey, a friend of mine here in Hermosa. She does cross stitch so well that it wins prizes at the Central States fair (the big one around here!!). I gave the kits to her... expecting nothing other than her finding pleasure in making the ornaments for her use.

A few months later, she surprised me with this... one of the completed ornaments.
It now hangs in a noticeable spot right on the front of my tree. It will hang there every time I have a tree. I look forward to fond memories of her as our paths no longer cross as they did then.
Thank you Stacey.