Sunday, December 26, 2010

Not so happy dog.

The happy dog from the other day is not so happy today. His troubles began Christmas Eve. We nursed him Christmas Day... not wanting to visit the emergency clinic if at all possible. Today when he was still not eating we thought it was time to get help.

Turns out that dogs can suffer from pancreatitus. Seems the pancreas gets started and does not know when to quit. If not controlled, the results are... let's say, not good.

Jack is in the hospital and will be for 3-4 days. There is no true cure and we can only hope the pancreas responds to the treatment.

After that it is a bland diet that is low in fat, salt and with NO HUMAN FOOD. In other words, a good dog food... right. I need you to remind me of that very often since I am the weak link for giving treats and things. I bet this vet bill will be one of my best reminders!!

I will keep you posted on his progress.