The strawberries are producing in force. Here are the first two I picked about a month ago now. There have been about a dozen about every two days since then. What fun and how easy can anything be!!!
The Garden...
We're about two weeks ahead this year. It's exciting to already have zucchini, squash, cucumbers and peppers on the plants. Had an intruder last night. It skipped the ripe strawberries and went for the one small cucumber and the zucchini blossoms... strange!!! I'll be sure to close the gate after this.
Other than finishing our last bedroom in the house, we are working on getting steps down into our basement. This will be a nice change from the sloped ground that always got really slick during the winter.
That and experimenting with vegan foods. Having Brian visit has been an adventure. Tonight's menu included Eggplant Manicotti. I substituted eggplant cooked with onions, peppers and garlic for the cheese. It fell apart badly... but it tasted good. Experimenting with food is fun.
Back to the grind tomorrow.... I think it will be easier than all the work from the weekend... those stones get heavy! Off to new radio releases... more help files... the county fair in a few weeks... the trip to Europe in six weeks.... the lawyers and all the other fun that life holds in store.
PS.. Went to see Despicable Me tonight. It's worth every penny of the admission price!! I recommend it highly!! Nice break from all the work.