I remember saying when I first planted the garden that I thought I might have outsmarted the deer. No such luck.
This is what my poor pepper plant looks like now. It always amazes me that they eat the leaves and leave the plant.
The beets did not fair so well. They are gone!!
Squash, as usual, not touched. I can understand why... those things have thorns!!
Cucumbers... plants munched.. small cukes left... go figure.
Onions... one bite... guess they were not to her liking.
Back to the drawing board for protecting what remains.
This reminds me of the saying that nothing can be idiot proofed. The idiots will always find a way to break it... and deer are definitely the ultimate idiots. This is quite a challenge!!
Oh yes, how do we know it was a deer... she was standing in the garden when we arrived home one evening. Caught red mouthed!!