This all started as a project to build steps to the basement (you can see those a little to the right). Before now we had a slope down to the door that became treacherous in the wintertime. It also allowed all the rain water to run down into the basement.... not that there is anything important near the door or if there is, it's on pallets off the ground.
So, now we have steps. I wonder about how safe they will be after a heavy snow... we'll see. At least I'll be able to sweep the snow off of them.
Now, we don't do anything small. Once we got the steps built, we decided that the entire side of the house needed a wall to level an area not only for plants but for the generator that needs to be positioned where we can put it into service... that's another project.
The wall has begun... I hope it does not take quite as long as the Great Wall did... but then, it's not as long... so I have hope that we'll get it done before the summer is out.