Saturday, June 19, 2010

If I don't say it... I'll pop

There has been so much going on since we last talked. I see the last blog post was Memorial Day weekend. It is now June 19th... a little longer than usual between posts... I guess that's why I feel such an urge to talk...

This has been such a busy two months. We went away four time in eight weeks. First Milwaukee. Then Portland, Or. Then Dayton, OH. Then Nashville. Each trip exactly two weeks apart. I don't know how people who travel all the time do it.

Our last trip to Nashville was for a Thompson family reunion. What fun to see so many family members. The last time we did this was 20 years ago... and I have photos to prove it... wish I had had them there.

Used the time well to get a visit in to LaGrange. Just an overnight; but what a wonderful surprise to get it in at all. All is going well there. Will get more time later for a longer visit... right!!

Arrived home to very sad news. I had told you that Chester was not doing well. I lost him on the day I arrived home from Nashville. It's as if he waited to say "Good-bye" before he left. I miss him.

Rod remained in Huntsville for a week after I returned. In that week I was busy getting the office ready for the two new people we are hiring. The furniture moving... carpeting... and other general rearranging has gone on for almost two weeks. Except for a few boxes that remain with office stuff from our desks... it's done. Monday will be much more peaceful... except, that's when the two new developers start!!

During the same two weeks with all the furniture in disarray, orders have continued at a staggering rate. I am now co-ordinating three people to make cable... and we're still not getting caught up!!

With all this, there was still time to stop and admire a doe with her new fawn... chase the rainbows that appeared during some particularly bad thunderstorms... get winter clothes back out as Blackberry winter set in with a vengence... cover and uncover the garden a few times (it needed protecting from the cold too) and have a hot tub installed (I finished the supports by myself... hope they hold!!)... AHHHHH

As always, I'll try not to hold back for so long next time!!