Through a series of events... I would call them errors; but nothing is ever really wrong, just another way to do things... we had Thanksgiving dinner with friends on Tuesday.
It started with fresh turkeys on sale for $0.39 per pound.
Next, that bird was to be cooked at my house. The fact that I did not have to do it made it that much better... yes, the magic of the holidays. (No really, my friend is using my oven while her kitchen is being completed.)
Then a little guilt kicked in... since my house would smell so wonderfully of turkey, my friend suggested we all eat here... suits me.
I called one more friend. He was available to join us.
What a gathering it was. All the right ingredients... good food... good friends... one late arrival (wouldn't be normal if sombody were not late).
Now, that's how the holidays should be celebrated!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all, again.