if you ever considered saving a desperate turkey.
On the way to the post office today I passed by the house with the fenced garden plot in front of it. Inside the plot was one turkey. The gate was closed and the bird was looking for a way out...not realizing he could take flight and escape...which was probably how he got in there in the first place.
The trip to the post office and back was filled with thoughts of he'll finally figure out how to get out... it's only a turkey, it does not matter... I don't know these people, how can I bring myself to do this...
Then, there he was. Still against the fence. His movements much more frantic. With one glance, I knew I could not let this animal suffer no matter how worthless they are.
I turned around in the next driveway and went back to the house. After meeting the homeowner and explaining the situation, he was glad to help by opening the gate. I was busy turning the car around to leave when he did this...I bet you the bird took flight when the owner appeared...would be typical. How ever it happened, the bird was free of the entrapment by the time I pulled out of the driveway.
As worthless as they are, they are still God's creatures and they deserve not to suffer in a panic like that. As much as some people hate the turkeys, I love to watch them. They are not as dumb as since claims that they are... usually.