Wednesday, April 25, 2007

National Bird????



I may have said this before; but these photos might change even my mind.

Benjamin Franklin wanted the wild turkey to be the national bird. On a normal day I could not imagine this ugly, basically flightless bird being a symbol of our great nation.

Then you see them in the spring like this and you begin to see the beauty that Franklin saw in this bird.

We are doing well. The house is coming along slowly with the preparation for the Dayton show and our trip away from here for three weeks. We are about to primer the sheetrock. It was a lot of work; but it looks like we will have the smooth walls that we wanted. I never believed that we could figure it out...but we did and did it well.

Kitchen cabinets are due to be delivered today. They will be installed in the next few weeks. It's beginning to really look like a house..inside and out.