Thursday, December 08, 2005

Temperature is relative

Temperature is definitely relative. It's 24 tonight and it seems warm...even to the cat. For the last week it has been about 2 degrees at this time of the evening. Before now I would never have through that 24 degrees would ever be considered warm.

We will get to work at the property tomorrow. We finally have incoming and outgoing water flowing. With highs expected in the 40s we should be able to work someplace other than on this thing tomorrow.

We will dig the rest of the footings tomorrow. Once done, the backhoe will move on to the hole for the fresh water cistern while I work on the septic system piping...we just don't seem to be able to get away from those systems right now.

Then it's back to footings. We still hope to pour footings in the next week...hope..hope.

To all my friends in the South, I hope you stay warm through the cold snap that's coming your way. Enjoy the snow!!